Jewelry pliers: chain nose pliers, flat nose pliers
5-minute epoxy adhesive
1. Cut 6" length of wire and string one briolette approximately 1" from the end. Cross wire centered over itself above briolette. Bend longer tail upright to form a neck.
2. Wrap short tail around neck twice and trim away excess.
3. Bend long wire at a 90° angle right above wrapped wire.
4. Create a loop above the bend.
5. Wrap wire around neck and back down over wire wraps from Step 2. Continue wrapping wire down toward briolette.
6. Wrap wire over briolette top. Continue wrapping until holes are covered. Take wire back up to top of wire wrapping and wrap twice to secure. Trim away excess wire.
7. Open eye pin loop and hook on briolette.
8. To create dome can, use chain nose pliers to gently bend each point of the filigree downward.
9. Test cap for fit and make any adjustments necessary.
10. Insert eye pin from Step 7 through bottom hole of dome and string five 4mm jonquil crystals.
11. Set aside five 4mm and two 6mm jonquil crystals. Fill dome with half of remaining crystals.
12. Mix 5-minute epoxy according to manufacturer's instructions and apply small amount to inner points of bead cap. Slide it onto eye pin and carefully position it on glass dome top. Remove excess epoxy on glass with rubbing alcohol.
13. String a 6mm jonquil crystal onto eye pin. Bend eye pin at a 90° angle.
14. Turn a simple loop.
15. Open loop and hook through ear wire loop. Repeat Steps 1-15 using remaining components to make matching earring.