Beading / Jewelry
Flower Girl Butterfly Jewelry
size: necklace: 16-1/2"; pendant: 2"; earrings: 2"
- Lavender pressed glass butterflies: 14x11mm, three
- Purple opal czech glass bellflowers: 5-1/2x9mm, six
- Faceted bicones: jonquil, 4mm, six; amethyst, 2-1/2mm, six
- Silver-plated findings: daisy bead caps, 6mm, six; eye pins, 2”, three; ball head pins, 2”, six; jump rings, 4mm, three; ear wires, two; lobster clasp, 11mm
- Silver-plated fine chain: 5-link piece, three; 7-link piece, three; 14” for necklace
- Jewelry pliers: round-nose; chain-nose, two pairs
- Flush cutters
- 1. String glass butterfly on an eye pin and make a simple loop. Repeat for remaining two butterflies.
- 2. String following on ball head pin: jonquil bicone, bellflower, bead cap, and amethyst bicone. Make first half of a wrapped loop and attach ends of five-link and seven-link chains into the loop. Wrap loop. Repeat to make six bellflower dangles.
- 3. Open bottom loop on all three butterflies and attach five- and seven-link chains from Step 2 to each butterfly. Close loop. Open top loop on two butterflies and attach ear wire.
- 4. Attach a jump ring to top loop of remaining butterfly from Step 3. Slide jump ring onto necklace chain. Attach jump ring to one end of necklace chain. Attach lobster clasp on other end of chain with jump ring.