Beading / Jewelry
Wire-Wrapped Bracelet & Earrings
- Glass round beads, 8mm, three each: green; pink; orange; aqua
- ColourCraft Silver Wire*, 22-gauge
- Silver medium swivel lobster clasp*
- Glass round beads, two each: green, 4mm; pink, 8mm; orange, 6mm; aqua, 6mm
- Silver findings*: crimp beads, 2.5mm, six; round filigree 3-to-1 connectors, two; head pins, six; leverback earrings, two
- Pliers*: round-nose; chain nose
- Wire cutters*
- *Products by Beadalon
- 1. Cut 4" wire length. Use chain-nose pliers to make 90° angle, 1" from wire end. Use round-nose pliers to make loop. Slide clasp onto loop, then wrap excess wire around base of loop two or three times.
- 2. String 8mm bead onto wire. Make another loop on other side of bead and wrap wire around base of loop. Wrap additional wire in spiral around bead. To fasten wire end, wrap it tightly around base of loop at opposite end.
- 3. Cut another 4" wire length and use to make a second bead link, but attach it to first one before wrapping loop.
- 4. Repeat above steps to continue adding bead links. Make last loop larger than others to make fastening clasp easier.
- 1. Attach leverback earring to upper loop on filigree component.
- 2. String orange bead and crimp bead onto head pin. Make loop above crimp bead and attach it to an outer loop on filigree component.
- 3. String aqua bead and crimp bead onto head pin. Make loop above crimp bead and attach it to an outer loop on filigree component.
- 4. String pink bead, green bead, and crimp bead onto head pin. Make a loop above crimp bead and attach it to center loop on filigree component.
- 5. Repeat for matching earring.