Beading / Jewelry
- Grafix Clear Sanded Shrink Film
- COPIC Markers: B0000, B00, B02, B04, B2, B23, B32, B91, BG0000, BG11, BG13
- IKEA: Orgel Pendant Lampshade, Hemma White Cord Set
- Jump rings: oval, 7mm; round, 10mm
- Die-cutting machine and Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Large Oval Dies
- Krylon ColorMaster Catalina Mist Paint and Primer
- Circle punches: 3/16”, 1/4”
- Needle-nose pliers
- sandpaper, parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 1. Die cut approximately 170 ovals from shrink film using two largest oval dies, with third largest size mixed in. Remember shrink film will shrink to half original size.
- 2. Punch 3/16" or 1/4" hole close to ends of each oval.
- 3. Color ovals with a variety of blue and aqua shades. The colors will intensify when baked, so try a test piece first. Leave several ovals uncolored to create white translucent pieces.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to shrink film using oven.
- 5. Create strands of five ovals attached with oval jump rings. To get full look, create eight or nine strands per side. On two of the strands, add an additional oval to vary lengths.
- 6. Remove paper shade from the lamp and sand any hard-to-remove spots. Spray paint two to three light coats of Catalina Mist. Let dry between coats.
- 7. Attach strands of ovals to frame using round jump rings. Add white cord set for light.
- 1. When using oven, place shrink film between two sheets of parchment paper and cover with lightweight brownie pan. This helps plastic retain shape while shrinking and helps prevent twisting.