Beading / Jewelry
Resin & Wire Teardrop Jewelry
size: pendant, 2"x3/4"; earrings, 3-1/4"x1/2"
- Silver jewelry wire, 20-gauge
- Jump rings: 2mm, two; 7mm
- Fishhook earring findings
- Silver chain
- The Clay Alley Dip It: Fantasy Film in color of choice, Thinner, Strengthener
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- pen or pencil, foam block, ruler
- 1. Cut three 5"-long and one 1"-long wire lengths. Make small closed loop at one end of each cut wire using round-nose pliers.
- 2. For earrings, grip 5" wire with largest end of round-nose pliers 3" down from loop. For necklace, grip 5" wire with pliers 2" down from loop. Bend wire up to form teardrop for both earrings and necklace pendant. For hanging teardrop on pendant, grip 1" wire at center and bend wire up to form small teardrop.
- 3. Make small decorative loop at end of wire on three large teardrops using round-nose pliers. Form gentle bend in excess wire starting at top of teardrop using fingers.
- 4. Dip each teardrop section into resin and pull out vertically, turning upward so excess liquid runs down teardrop. Wipe excess off edge of can. Let dry in foam block. Dip teardrops into strengthener to harden. Let dry. Use thinner if liquid becomes too thick.
- 5. For earrings, attach one 2mm jump ring into top closed loop, insert into fishhook earring finding, and close. Repeat for second earring. For pendant, attach 7mm jump ring into top loop of necklace wire piece. Add necklace and close jump ring. Open closed loop of small teardrop, add to bottom open loop, and close.