Beading / Jewelry
Ice Crystal Sun Catcher
Ice Crystal Sun Catcher
- Cousin: Silver Mirror Round Bicones, 4mm; Silver Plate Round, 6mm; 35 pc Glass White Large Hole and Assorted Bead Mix, 7 pkgs.; 3-strand Silver Crystal Rondelles, eight; Steel Elegance Curved Silver Tube Spacers, 2 pkgs.; Silver Wire, 24-gauge, 12” length; Clear Monofilament, 24” length
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- 1. Cut two 24" lengths of wire. Join wires together and slide small silver mirror round and small crackle round onto one end of wire. Use round-nose pliers to form wires together into small loop on silver round end of wire.
- 2. Separate two wire ends and crisscross them through pearl. Slide beads as follows onto each wire: silver round, small crackle round, silver round.
- 3. Crisscross wire ends through large crackle round. Slide beads as follows onto each wire: silver round, pearl, one outside hole on each side of three-strand silver rhinestone spacer, curved silver tube spacer.
- 4. Join wires back together and slide through large crackle round. Separate wires with one coming out on left side and one coming out on right side of large crackle round. Slide small silver mirror round and pearl onto each wire. Twist left wire to hold silver mirror round and pearl in place.
- 5. Cut 24" length of wire. Slide silver mirror round onto center of wire. Twist wire on one side of silver mirror bead side to hold it onto wire. Slide other end of wire down through pearl bead added to right wire from previous step so two wires are joined together down through pearl.
- 6. Separate two wires and slide beads as follows onto each: curved silver tube spacer, one outside hole on each side of three-strand silver rhinestone spacer, pearl, silver round. Crisscross wires through large crackle round and string beads as follows onto each wire: silver round, small crackle round, silver round. Crisscross wires through pearl. Join wires together; slide on small crackle round and small silver mirror round. Form ends together into loop; trim excess wire.
- 7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6, alternating large crackle bead and pearl on every other arm of ice crystal, for total of eight arms.
- 8. Arrange arms into shape of snowflake. Make sure wire-wrapped ends are secure.
- 9. Cut 16" length of wire.
- 10. Slide silver mirror round, silver round, silver mirror round, silver round, and two silver mirror rounds onto one end of wire.Slide long end of wire through large crackle bead of one arm.
- 11. Repeat Step 10 until all arms are connected. Twist ends of wire together forming hanging loop. Trim excess wire.
- 12. Attach clear thread to hanging loop to hang.