Pattern - Crystal-Embellished Tunic
- 1. Wash shirt to remove sizing. Cover work surface with bag. Place damp shirt on surface.
- 2. Wearing gloves, fill dye bottles with water. Shake to mix. Pour dye into separate cups. Wash out one squeeze bottle. Pour 1" of brown dye into clean squeeze bottle, then add 1/2" yellow dye, and fill remainder of bottle with water. Shake to mix.
- 3. Crumple shirt on work surface. Squeeze dye over entire shirt, then squeeze shirt together to distribute dye. Create more dye mixture if needed until entire shirt is covered. Cover shirt with plastic wrap and let set four to six hours. Fill washer with medium load of water and small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry shirt.
- 4. Place shirt on Fashion Foam board. Use pen to print and cut out pattern. Place pattern under shirt so it shows through fabric. Trace lines with air-soluble pen.
- 5. Start flow of Silver Bead Paint on paper towels. Using photo as guide, squeeze evenly-spaced beads along pattern lines, graduating sizes. Let dry. Paint remaining shirt areas in same way.
- 6. Place crystals where desired. Preheat heat tool. Place tip of heat tool on top of crystal for 20 seconds, then remove and let cool. If not adhered, apply heat tool for additional ten-second intervals until adhered.