1. Trace glass dome onto patterned paper; cut out inside drawn lines. Wash and dry dome to remove fingerprints. Brush thin layer of Mod Podge on back of dome. Adhere right side of paper to bottom of dome, smoothing to eliminate bubbles. Let set for 15 minutes. Apply second coat of Mod Podge to seal; let dry. Adhere bail to back of dome using E6000. Let dry overnight.
2. Cut two pink, one white, and one gray 42" lengths of rattail. With ends even, tie center of all four cords together with thread. Place tied centers in hole of kumihimo disk. Attach pink cords in "x" shape on either side of N and S on disk. Attach white and gray cords in same way on sides of W and E.
3. Take cord on right of N (between 32-1) and bring straight down into notch between (14-15).
4. Bring cord on left of S (between 16-17) straight up to notch between (30-31).
5. Turn disk counterclockwise so E is at top; repeat Steps 3 and 4. Bring rightside white cord (between 8-9) down to notch between (22-23).
6. Bring leftside white cord up to notch between (6-7).
7. Turn disk so S is at top. Repeat sequence: right cord down, left cord up, turn disk. Continue repeating sequence and spiral braided cord will come through center hole in disk. Occasionally tug spiral to tighten. Repeat sequence until cords are too short to continue. Remove cords from disk; tie loose ends of braid together.
8. Measure 9" braid length. Wrap thread tightly around unfinished end and knot. Cut off extra braid. Dab E6000 on end of braid covering wrapped thread; insert into end cap, twisting braid to ensure tight fit. Slip cord bail onto braid. Adhere second end of braid into second end cap. Position both end caps so top loops are facing same direction. Let dry.
9. Cut chain into two 4" lengths; attach one length to each end cap using 9mm jump rings. At end of one chain, attach lobster clasp using 3mm jump ring. At end of other chain, attach seven 6mm jump rings and heart charm. Attach 6mm jump ring to pendant; attach to cord bail using 3mm jump ring.