Pattern - Beaded Gerbera Daisy Pillow
- 1. Note: Use chenille needle for attaching silk ribbon, cotton thread for embroidering, and beading needle with two strands silamide for beading.
- 2. Print full-sizeout pattern. Transfer pattern onto tissue paper. Press fabrics. Tape edges of linen with quilter's tape. Center tissue paper pattern on linen; pin in place. Baste around outside edge of pattern using white sewing thread.
- 3. Embroider daisy stem Kelly Green using stem stitch, using long stitches in rows starting at bottom of stem. Place next row close to first, starting at top of stem working down. Continue alternating rows.
- 4. Embroider leaves in Citrus Green ribbon using straight stitch in varying lengths starting on top of leaf and working down one side. Work until one side is complete, then continue to other side. Secure ribbon end in needle eye on back of fabric by running needle through ribbon after first stitch. End ribbon by running under previous stitches.
- 5. Embroider center petals Red silamide using quick bead row stitch and Red Red beads. Starting close to outer center circle, work petal along traced lines, taking needle and thread back through bead row for second time. Slide needle into row at halfway point and back into next bead ending at first thread. Continue placing first row of beads.
- 6. Attach sequins around outer center circle using Red silamide and bead loop stitch. Starting on back between circle lines, position sequin with cup side up and slide three Rich Red beads onto needle. Pull thread taut; insert needle into sequin hole so beads stand on sequin. Continue placing sequins 1/8" apart or slightly overlapping.
- 7. Use Natural silamide and bead loop stitch to fill flower center with loops containing three Yellow Creme beads.
- 8. Embroider petals over previously-placed petals in Red silamide with Red Red beads using quick bead row stitch. Slide beads onto needle; insert needle into fabric four bead lengths shorter than bead row. Complete 15 petals.
- 9. Remove tissue paper using tweezers. Trim linen to 8"x8" using rotary cutter and mat.
- 10. Center and pin stitched linen, with right side facing up, on red cotton square. Embroider border on raw edge of stitched linen using Kelly Green cotton and feather stitch.
- 11. Pin red cotton squares with right sides together. Machine-sew edges using 1/4" seam allowance, leaving 8" opening on one side. Clip corners; turn right side out. Insert pillow form; slipstitch opening closed.