Beading / Jewelry
Technique Shortcut: Felt Necklace
size: 20" long
- Variegated ribbon, 1/4”, 2 yds.
- Silver nylon-coated beading wire, .30mm
- Natural Elegance Antique Silver findings/beads: Circle Metal Links (2); Metal Beads (4); Crimp Beads(2); Jump Rings (2); Clasp
- Grey/blue beads (4)
- Blue wool felt beads: small (2); large
- 3-in-1 Combination Tool
- Crimping pliers
- Wire cutters
- Embroidery needle (for wool beads)
- 1. Cut 10" length from nylon-coated wire.
- 2. Attach one wire end to circle metal link. Use crimp bead to secure wire to metal link.
- 3. String beads onto wire, alternating beads, spacers, wool felt and metal beads.
- 4. Cut nylon-coated wire 1" beyond last bead. Secure beaded wire to remaining circle metal link. Attach crimp bead to end of strand.
- 5. Cut two 18" ribbon lengths. Double wrap and secure ribbon strand onto each metal link.
- 6. Attach jump ring to each end of ribbon, leaving 1/4" tail. Secure jump rings to ribbon ends by wrapping gun metal wire around ribbon tightly, then cutting excess wire.
- 7. Use 3-in-1 tool to open jump ring and attach clasp, then close ring.