1. To straighten cord, place hot iron on one end and pull length of cord under iron several times.
2. Fold one cord end over 3". Tie 3/4" loop in cord end. Trim short end of cord, 3/4" from knot.
3. Tie knots in 2" cord length, 1-1/2" apart. Make knot 3/4" from cord end.
4. Cut eye pins to 1/2" lengths to attach small pearl beads to cord between knots. Insert eye pin through hole in bead. Bend pointed end of eye pin over slightly, using roundnose pliers. Place bend end of eye pin over cord between knots and continue to bend eye pin until it touches top of bead.
5. Cut eye pin to 3/4" length to attach large pearl bead to knot at end of necklace in same way as attaching small pearl beads, inserting eye pin into knot. Place large pearl bead through loop at opposite end of necklace for closure. Wrap necklace one to three times around neck.