Memory glass slides (Ranger Industires), 1”x3”, four
Patterned papers of choice
Photo printed on matte paper, 1”x3”
Beads: blue/turquoise: medium, one; small assorted; pearl, 4mm, two
Silver bird charm
Silver bead spacers, two
Silver looseleaf ring, 1”
Silver wire: 16- and 20-gauge
Bright silver-plated jump rings; 8mm; 10mm
Copper foil tape, 1/4"
Creative Versa-Tool with soldering point (Walnut Hollow)
Pliers: needle-nose; round-nose
Tempered glass (work surface)
1. Place photo and 1"x3" patterned paper rectangle together with right sides facing out.
2. Place glass slide on both sides of paper rectangles. Cut 8-1/2" foil tape length; remove backing. Holding glass pieces together, wrap tape around outer glass edges. (Note: Edges should be placed on center of tape). Carefully fold copper foil around glass edges. Use side of wooden pencil or dowel to burnish and smooth tape edges on glass. Brush flux on copper.
3. Follow Creative Versa-Tool manufacturer's instructions to apply thin coating of solder to foil tape. As solder melts, move it slowly across foil tape. Repeat for front, back and sides, until foil is covered. Pull solder point across moist sponge often to clean.
4. Bend end of 16-gauge wire into "U" shape. Cut wire to make "U" loop. Use pliers to hold wire "U" to top of soldered glass rectangle (1" side) and apply large solder droplet to ends of "U" to attach. Re-melt solder on both ends of "U" as needed to even out droplets. Clean glass to remove excess flux.
5. Cut 1-1/4" length from 20-gauge wire. Bend one end over slightly, insert through "U" shape on soldered glass, and bend all the way over to form a closed loop. Place pearl bead, medium turquoise bead, and pearl bead onto wire. Bend wire end over slightly, insert through 10mm jump ring, and bend all the way over to form a closed loop. Place 10mm jump ring on looseleaf ring.
1. Follow steps 1-4 from Key Chain instructions, adding two "U" shaped wire pieces to top of soldered glass rectangle (3" side), 1/2" in from edges.
2. Cut 5" wire length from 20-gauge wire. Bend one end over slightly, insert through "U" shaped loop on soldered glass, and bend all the way over to form a closed loop. Place a sliver spacer bead on wire, then place assorted small turquoise and blue beads on wire to within 3/4" of wire end. Place silver spacer bead on wire. Bend end of wire over slightly, insert through opposite "U" shaped loop on soldered glass, and bend all the way over to form a closed loop.
3. Open 8mm jump ring. Insert jump ring through eyelet on bird charm. Place jump ring between two beads on wire and close.