Beading / Jewelry
Beautiful Stamped Paper Jewelry
sizes: pendant, 1-1/2" long; earrings, 1" across
- Watercolor paper, one 120 lb. sheet
- Copper Floral Brad Details (Nunn Design)
- Antique copper brad
- Silk ribbon, 1/2”, 1/2 yd.
- Beads, assorted: 8mm; 6mm, four; 4mm, seven
- Heat-activated crystal stone, 4mm
- Copper jewelry findings: head pins, two; eye pins, three; lobster clasp; jump rings, three; spacers, two; French wires, two
- Gun Metal Artistic Wire, 22-gauge
- Script rubber stamp
- Brown tea-dye look ink pad
- Twinkling H20s Shimmering Watercolor Cakes, two or three colors of choice (LuminArte Inc.)
- Glossy Accents dimensional glaze medium (Ranger)
- Creative HotMarks tool (Walnut Hollow)
- HotStamps Border Series I (Walnut Hollow)
- Tempered glass mat (Walnut Hollow)
- Craft punches: scallop tag, 1-1/2” (McGill Inc.); 1” circle; 1/16” and 1/4” circle hand punches
- 3 in 1 Jewelry Maker’s Tool (The Beadery)
- Wire cutters
- 1. Secure tool stand to glass mat with tape to protect work surface. Attach desired point and place tool on stand; plug into electrical outlet. Turn switch on and let tool heat for about five minutes. Practice using tool before beginning project. When changing points, turn switch off, let tool cool, and then attach next point; turn switch back on.
- 1. Punch tag from watercolor paper. Paint tag with various watercolor paints; let dry completely.
- 2. Stamp tag with brown script image. Punch three small holes in tag, one at top and two at bottom.
- 3. Place Swirl point onto Creative HotMarks tool and plug in. Hot stamp swirl around entire tag edge.
- 4. Paint tag with gloss medium; let dry completely.
- 5. Load head pin with two 4mm and one 6mm bead; trim head pin and create loop with beading tool.
- 6. Attach head pin to bottom of tag with jump ring. Create second beaded head pin and attach in second hole at bottom of tag.
- 7. Load eye pin with 8mm and one 4mm bead, trim, and create loop. Attach eye pin to top of tag with jump ring. Attach second jump ring to top of eye pin.
- 8. Thread ribbon length through jump ring at top of pendant. Thread one end through lobster clasp, fold ribbon back 1/2", and wrap with 14" of wire; clip excess. Thread opposite ribbon end through jump ring, fold back, and wire wrap.
- 9. Attach floral design to center of pendant with brad.
- 10. Place Tapered point onto Creative HotMarks tool, following "Note" above. Place crystal stone into center of floral design. Touch center of stone with point to heat-activate adhesive.
- 1. Punch four 1" circles from watercolor paper. Paint, stamp, and hot stamp circles in same way as tag pendant.
- 2. Paint one side of each circle with gloss medium; let dry completely.
- 3. Adhere paper circles together in pairs; punch 1/4" hole from center and 1/16" hole near top of each circle.
- 4. Load each eye pin with two 4mm beads with one spacer between them. Trim eye pins and create loops with beading tool. Attach loaded eye pins to bottom of earring wires; secure with pliers.
- 5. Attach eye pins to earrings with jump rings.