Beading / Jewelry
Beaded Vintage Fall Wreath
- Grapevine wire
- Assorted autumn faceted decorative beads, 20mm, 24
- Artificial items: pumpkin, 2”; berry clusters, two; acorn; fall floral picks, eight
- Manila tag, 2-1/2”x4-3/4”
- Scrapbook Collections I clip art: Holidays Remembered (The Vintage Workshop)
- Sheer brown fabric strip, 1”x12”
- Matte Paper Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Matte Finish 1311 (Krylon)
- Brown craft wire, 26-gauge
- Wire cutters
- Small flat-nose pliers
- Computer and color printer
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to print 4" greeting card on white paper; cut out. Apply Matte Finish 1311. Follow manufacturer's instructions to découpage card to tag.
- 2. Form 7" grapevine wire wreath; twist ends together to secure. Cut six 15-1/2" grapevine wire lengths; form spirals on each end as shown. Use brown wire to secure spiral pieces evenly-spaced around wreath; twist to secure and trim ends.
- 3. Remove leaf clusters from picks; secure to wreath with brown wire. Thread wire through a bead; twist both ends under to tighten, leaving 3/8" to 1/2" twisted wire under bead. Pick up two or three beads, securing to wire in same way and twist around wreath to secure. Secure pumpkin to bottom left, berry clusters to upper left, and acorn to lower right by wrapping wire around stems and wreath, then twisting to secure. Trim wire ends.
- 4. Thread fabric strip through hole in tag and secure to wreath with rag bow. Trim ends.