Beading / Jewelry
Coral Crisscross Bracelet
- Red coral chip beads, 4mm to 8mm, 42
- Turquoise glass seed beads, 6/0, 25
- Gold-plated beads, four each: crimp, 1.3mm; clamshell bead tips, 6.5x3.5mm
- Gold-plated round toggle clasp, 16.5x14mm
- Gold 7-strand stringing wire
- Chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Bead-stringing glue
- 1. Cut four 10" lengths of stringing wire. Tape two strands together at one end. Repeat to tape two other strands together at one end. Tape strands to your work surface.
- 2. Slide coral bead onto each center strand. Slide top two strands into turquoise bead and bottom two strands in another turquoise bead. See Photo 1.
- 3. Slide coral bead onto what is now top strand, third strand, and bottom strand. Slide second and third strands into turquoise bead. Slide coral bead onto new second strand. See Photo 2.
- 4. Slide top two strands into turquoise bead and bottom two strands in another turquoise bead. Slide coral bead onto each strand. Slide turquoise bead onto two center strands. See Photo 3.
- 5. Repeat Steps 2-4 to string all beads onto wire strands.
- 6. Feed two strands into clamshell bead tip; slide on crimp bead. Flatten crimp bead about 1/8" from last beads using chain-nose pliers. Trim excess wire. Slide clamshell bead tip over flattened crimp bead. Add dab of glue in clamshell; close clamshell over crimp bead using chain-nose pliers. Finish ends of other two strands on same side of bracelet in same way. See Photo 4.
- 7. Feed loops on two clamshell bead tips onto loop in one side of toggle clasp. Close loops on clamshell bead tips using chain-nose pliers. See Photo 5.
- 8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to finish ends of other side of bracelet. Attach other side of toggle clasp.