Beading / Jewelry
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Foam Cube, 3”x3”x3”, two
- Avatrex Quilt Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11”
- Fabric: teal print, 10”x12”; peach floral, 10”x12”; white felt sheets, 9”x12”, two
- Digital images of vintage items, 2” square, two
- Elmer’s X-Acto 8” Stainless Steel Scissors
- Adhesives: Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick, glue gun and sticks
- straight pins, ruler, iron and pressing surface
- 1. Cut one 3"x12" and two 3"x3" felt panels. Apply glue stick to cube, one side at a time, while wrapping long strip around cube. Adhere squares to remaining two sides of cube. Repeat with second cube.
- 2. Press peach fabric. Cut into 7"x12" and 3"x3" panels. Set 3" panel aside. Wrap large panel around cube as if wrapping gift. Fold under raw ends and secure with glue gun. Repeat with teal fabric on second cube.
- 3. Use computer and inkjet printer to print chosen image in reverse on glossy side of film sheet following manufacturer's instructions. (Note: Always print art on inkjet film in reverse or mirror image, especially when printing letters or numbers. If not printed in reverse, image and words will appear backwards on finished project.) Let dry; trim images to 2-1/2" squares.
- 4. Carefully trim 3" peach fabric square to 2-7/8". Use pin to pull threads to evenly fray all edges. Apply glue stick to front side of square. Press printed image onto square, ink side down. Smooth. Repeat with teal fabric and second image.
- 5. Cut four 2-1/2" felt squares. Stack two felt squares; adhere together. Adhere fabric square to stack, then adhere stack to cube. Repeat with other cube.
- 6. Insert pins and needles into top of block.
- 1. Personalize cubes by printing names or sayings on inkjet film, fussy cutting, and then gluing directly onto first layer of film with glue stick.