Beading / Jewelry
Stamped Clay Necklace
size: 10" length with 2-1/2"x3" focal
- Makin’s Clay No Bake White Polymer Clay, 1/4 pkg.
- Darice Brown Ribbon Necklace, 8-1/2”
- Makin’s Clay Roller
- Rubber stamp of choice
- Clearsnap ColorBox Chalk Ink, in colors of choice
- Earth Safe Finishes Eco Epoxy
- zip-lock bag, damp paper towel, scissors, sponge, jar lid, paintbrush, ruler, wax paper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On covered work surface, roll clay into 1/16" thickness and form into 4"x4" square.
- 2. Press rubber stamp randomly into clay to create impression. Rub inkpad colors directly onto clay; use finger to blend until desired effect is achieved.
- 3. Gently lift one side of clay off work surface; gather clay towards center, creating pleats. Form center pleat into 1/8" log; wrap end to back of clay, forming loop. Gently tear edges of clay as desired.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix Eco Epoxy. Apply epoxy on clay using paintbrush; let dry for 24 hours.
- 5. Thread ribbon necklace through loop on clay.
- 1. Mix Eco Epoxy on a metal or plastic jar lid so it can be recycled after use.