Pattern - Pretty 'n Pink Tote
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Enlarge pattern as directed; cut out. Cut a piece from iron-on adhesive that is slightly larger than flower. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse adhesive to back of white fabric. Cut flower from adhesive-backed fabric.
- 2. For bag front and back, cut two 18" squares from print fabric. Remove flower backing; fuse to bag front, centered from side to side and 2-1/2" from top of bag.
- 3. Use three strands of floss to single feather stitch around flower edges. (Note: Single feather stitches are worked in same way as blanket stitches, except stitches are angled rather than straight.)
- 4. Sew bag front to back along sides and bottom, 3/8" from edges. Machine sew zigzag stitch over raw edges of seams to prevent unraveling.
- 5. Using Fig. 1 as guide, flatten one bag corner to create a triangular point, aligning side seam with bottom corner seam. Use pencil to mark 4" line perpendicular to seam 2" from point. Stitch along line. Trim triangle 3/8" from stitching. Machine sew zigzag stitch along seam edges. Repeat for remaining corner.
- 6. Turn top of bag over 3/8" to inside, and over 3/8" again. Sew around top of bag close to turned edge.
- 7. For handles, cut two 5"x22" print fabric strips. Press strips in half lengthwise. Open strips. Press long edges of strips in toward center fold. Fold strips in half again with raw edges on inside. Sew close to turned edges.
- 8. Machine sew zigzag stitch over raw edges of handle ends. Pin 1/2" of handle ends inside top of bag 4" in from each side. Sew narrow rectangles on bag at placement of handle ends to secure.