Beading / Jewelry
Marbled Jungle Bracelet
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Accents Oven-Bake Clay: Magenta Pearl, Gold; Premo! Cadmium Yellow Hue, Jungle
- Antique gold disc beads, nine
- Antique gold findings: crimp beads, two; lobster clasp
- Gold beading wire, 10” length
- Polyform Sculpey Bead Maker
- Acrylic roller
- Crimping tool, wire cutters
- Fiberfill stuffing, parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- 1. Condition clays separately until soft and pliable. Roll two 5"-long logs of each color clay, approximately 1/8" thick. See Photo 1. Roll logs together, alternating colors, to form one large log. Twist to mix colors. Roll again, bend in half, and twist until clay is marbled. See Photo 2.
- 2. Using Bead Maker, make eight 13mm round marbled beads. Poke hole through beads using needle, being sure not to distort bead shape. See Photo 3. Place small amount of fiberfill stuffing on parchment-covered baking sheet. Position beads on fiberfill to keep from rolling and sides from flattening.
- 3. Roll 1/4"-thick log each of Magenta Pearl and Jungle clays. Cut eight 1/4" pieces from each; roll into balls. Press balls flat into disks; make hole through center with needle tool. See Photo 4. Position on fiberfill on baking sheet.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake beads on fiberfill on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- 5. Cut 10" wire length. Attach one end to clasp using crimp bead; crimp using crimping tool. String beads as follows onto wire: metal bead, Magenta disk, marbled bead, Magenta disk, metal bead, Jungle disk, marbled bead, Jungle disk. Repeat until all beads are used.
- 6. Finish bracelet by attaching crimp bead and other end of clasp on end. Trim wire using wire cutters if needed. (Note: Adjust how many beads used according to wrist size.)