Beading / Jewelry
Charming Beaded Ornament
- Silver rectangle charm or any silver charm, 7/8”x1-5/8”
- Beads: Bliss Beads silver-plated (Halcraft), 1/4”; white pearls, 4mm, two; red glass, 6mm
- Vintage paper images, two
- Silver wire, 20-gauge, 13” length
- Bright silver eye pin, 1” long
- Bright silver jump ring, 7mm
- Red satin ribbon, 1/8”, 10” length
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue (API)
- Wire cutters
- Round-nose pliers
- 1. String silver beads onto 13" wire length until they measure 9" in length. Bend wire into loop and twist ends together at top of beads. Trim one wire end to 1/2" length and bend over to form a loop. Twist remaining wire end around bottom of wire loop several times. Trim excess wire.
- 2. Use round-nose pliers to open jump ring on metal charm to remove center metal plate. Cut paper images to fit metal plate. Brush glue on entire back of both images and adhere to both sides of metal plate. Re-attach metal plate to center of metal charm, using jump ring.
- 3. String pearl bead, red glass bead, and pearl bead on eye pin. Bend top of eye pin over slightly and insert through wire twisted around loop at top of ornament. Bend end of eye pin over until it touches top of last bead.
- 4. Use jump ring to attach top loop on metal charm to bottom loop on eye pin.
- 5. Insert ribbon through wire loop at top of ornament and knot ends together for hanger.