Beading / Jewelry
- Thick stick, 2-1/2” diameter
- Beads: large assorted glass, 30; large clear crystal, three; small colored wooden, 60-75; tiny crimp, six
- Coordinating two-hole buttons, three
- Tiger tail wire
- Coordinating ribbon bows, two
- Jute twine
- Jewelry tools: pliers, crimpers, wire cutters
- Drill and tiny drill bit
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 1. Adults should always handle power tools and hot glue.
- 2. Break stick to approximate 12" length.
- 3. Drill three holes into stick, just wide enough to insert wire. Drill one in center and one on each side of hole, 2-1/2" away from center.
- 4. Cut one 17"- and two 14"-lengths of wire. Thread 17" length up through center of stick, button, and back down through stick. Using crimping pliers, secure wire end with crimp bead. Thread beads onto wire into desired pattern. Feed extra wire through first and last beads to secure. Thread large crystal bead onto bottom of wire. Using crimping pliers, secure wire end with crimp bead.
- 5. Repeat Step 2 with 14" wire lengths on each side of center. Keep sides even with each other and about 4" shorter than center wire.
- 6. Tie jute twine around ends of stick to create hanger. Hot glue bow to each tie as shown.