Beading / Jewelry
Antiqued Faux Metal Jewelry & Altered Box
size: box, about 2"x4-1/2"x4-1/2"
- Square paper mâché box with lid
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Silver Mirri; Natural Mulberry; Tawny Medium Prismatics
- Chocolate satin ribbon
- Scalloped Lace Backgrounder stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Timber Brown StazOn ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Cream acrylic paint
- Krylon Silver Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Scor-Pal Scoring Tool (Scor-Pal)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser and Textile Texture Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Small Scalloped Square Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders)
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Jewelry findings (Fire Mountain Gems): French ear wires; small sterling eye pins; spring clasp
- Tigertail beading wire (Fire Mountain Gems)
- Beads (Fire Mountain Gems): faux pearls; African faux turquoise; Swarovski clear bicone
- Cosmetic wedge sponge
- Sanding block
- Needlenose pliers
- 1. Die cut one medium and four small scalloped squares from Silver Mirri cardstock. Use die cut machine to emboss squares with Textile Texture.
- 2. Sponge top of each square Timber Brown; let dry. Sponge squares with cream paint; let dry. Lightly sand textured surface to create "Antiqued Faux Metal" finish.
- 3. Adhere small squares together in pairs, right sides out. Edge with Leafing Pen. Punch tiny holes in top and bottom diagonal corners.
- 4. Attach ear wires to top holes in squares. Insert head pins through Swarovski beads and loop through bottom holes. Wind wires back around themselves to secure.
- 5. Punch tiny hole at top corner of pendant; add jump ring. Attach second jump ring to end of beading wire, cut to desired length. String pearl and turquoise beads onto wire, then pendant, then more beads as shown. Attach clasp.
- 1. Cut Tawny Medium cardstock strips to fit each side of box. Stamp strips with lace backgrounder; adhere to box.
- 2. Adhere thin strip of mulberry cardstock around scalloped lid edge. Repeat Jewelry Steps 1 and 2 to create an antiqued square same size as box top. Tie ribbon around right third and adhere to lid.
- 3. Measure size and depth of box for insert. Box shown is just over 4-1/2" square and just shy of 2" deep. Designer cut 7" Tawny Medium square and scored at 1-1/2" on each side to create 4" square insert, 1-1/2" deep. Measurement will vary based upon size of box. Fold sides down to create box-shaped insert.
- 4. Adhere torn mulberry strip to top half of insert. Cut slits at top corners to place necklace wire. Poke tiny holes on each side for earring wires. Place insert inside box.
- 1. Alter a wooden frame.
- 2. Create desk accessories like a pencil cup and mail sorter.
- 3. Bead scalloped, textured square onto a kilt pin for your coat.