Beading / Jewelry
Sparkly Pearl Pin
- Pearl White seed beads*, 11/0, 90
- Pearl bead, 8mm
- Clear faceted bicone beads, 4x6mm, 10
- Silver bugle beads, 40
- Nymo White Thread*, size D
- Silver wire, 32-gauge
- Silver perforated pin back, 1”
- Medium Collapsible Eye Beading Needle*, 2-1/2”
- Small wire cutters
- Micro-tip scissors
- Bent-nose pliers
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- *Products by Beadalon
- 1. Thread needle with 25" thread length. (Note: Use Fig. 1 as bead stringing guide.) String two seed beads, bicone, five seed beads, and bicone. Go back through all beads again with needle and thread, then pass through two more seed beads, bicone, and five seed beads. Bring thread down through previous bicone, through two seed beads, and bicone just strung and out through top. Repeat pattern until ten bicones are strung. Pull thread tight so circle is formed with center beads; tie knot. Add drop of glue and trim ends close to conceal knot.
- 2. Bring thread through center row of seed beads to make circle round, tie knot. Add drop of glue and trim ends.
- 3. Thread 8mm pearl through two opposite seed beads in center of piece; tie knot. Add glue and trim.
- 4. Thread through outer middle seed bead in between two bicones, add silver bugle bead, seed bead, and another silver bugle bead. Pass through middle seed bead between next two bicones, adding seed and bugle beads and repeat around circle. Tie off with drop of glue and trim close to knot.
- 5. Wire piece to perforated pin back through outer holes and between two bugle beads all the way around. Twist wire to secure inside of perforated disc and trim.
- 6. String seed and bugle beads as in step 4 only through center of one bicone bead to the next. Tie off, glue, and trim.
- 7. Wire down any parts of pin center that stick up; twist to secure on back of perforated disc and trim.
- 8. Attach top and bottom of pin back by securing prongs with bent-nose pliers.