Pattern - Flutterby Pendant
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 2. Backstitch outline of butterfly body and wings and antenna using Kreinik 005 Black. Backstitch metallic details on wings using Kreinik 002 Gold. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 3. Attach seed beads on ends of antenna using one strand of Kreinik 005 Black. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 4. Trim around stitched design leaving 3" border. Measure and cut 2-7/8"x2-3/8" oval shape from foam and flat mounting boards. Position batting on top of foam board and foam board on top of flat board. Position batting face down on back of design. Carefully ease design fabric to back side of mounting boards; trim fabric if needed. Position square bail on top edge of boards, so square is sandwiched between boards. Adhere boards together using glue. Let dry.
- 5. Trace around oval design on backing fabric; cut out. Adhere backing fabric onto back on design. Let dry.
- 6. Twist DMC 603 Cranberry, DMC 604 Cranberry-LT, and one strand of Kreinik 024 Fuchsia together. Adhere cording around edges of design, covering glued seam. Cut ends. Let set overnight.
- 7. Attach square bail onto ribbon necklace. See Photo 1.
- 1. When using Kreinik #4 Very Fine Braid, work with short lengths for greater ease when stitching.