Beading / Jewelry
Fireworks in the Dark Necklace
- Crystal beads (Swarovski): 4mm round, five each: Fuchsia Crystal; Amethyst Crystal; 6mm round: Fuchsia Crystal; 8mm round: Amethyst; Tanzanite; Padparadscha; Light Rose; Rose AB; Fuchsia (one each); Amethyst AB; Black Diamond (two each); 3mm bicones: Amethyst, five; Light Amethyst AB, nine; Rose, three; Light Rose; three; Fuchsia, six; Padparadscha, eight; 6mm bicones: Light Amethyst, five; Tanzanite, five; Padparadscha, five; Rose; Amethyst
- Silver-Plated Findings*: Bead Caps (#329B-012), 10mm, 10; Crimp Tubes #1 (#JFCT1S-1.5G), 150
- Black Velour Tubing* (#142U-031), 16” length
- Stainless Steel Claw End Squeeze* (#315S-121)
- Clear Colors 19-Strand Beadalon Wire*, .018”, 40” lengths: Red (#JW15RD-0); Purple (#JW15PU-0)
- Designer Flush Cutter* (#202E-001)
- Battery-Operated Bead Reamer* (#240A-100)
- Flat-nose pliers
- Highlighter pen
- *Products by Beadalon
- 1. Cut eight 5" lengths from each color of Clear Color wire.
- 2. Use Bead Reamer to drill hole through center of Velour Tubing thick enough to fit two strands of wire. Use highlighter pen to mark tubing so all holes are side-by-side.
- 3. Thread wire through hole from step 2 with two strands of Red wire. Pass 4-1/2" of wire through velour tubing. Use crimp tube #2 to crimp short side of red wire against velour tubing, string 6mm bicone Padparadscha onto short wire, and crimp tube #2; crimp. Trim excess wire.
- 4. Use Bead Reamer to drill six holes on either side of center hole (from step 2). Mix colors, alternating red and purple wires. String the second to last hole on either side with two strands of wire. Attach #2 crimp tubes on each side of bead to secure. Determine distance between beads based upon photo or use desired spacing.
- 5. String each strand separately using a random pattern. To achieve a similar look to sample design, follow graduation pattern from small to large beads. There should be 10 strands ending with 8mm beads and eight strands ending with 6mm beads.
- 6. Remember to place crimp beads on both sides of beads. When stringing final 8mm round crystal beads, use bead cap on top portion only, unless you desire more silver in design.
- 7. Use pliers to attach stainless steel claw end clasp to both sides of tubing to close claws around velour tubing.