Beading / Jewelry
Felt Floral Bib Necklace
size: approx. 18" long
- Kunin Cobblestone Smoke Embossfelt Craft Cuts, 9”x12”, three
- Gray upholstery or quilting thread
- Silver brads or pearls, five
- Gray or silver ribbon, 1 yd.
- Circle templates: 4”, 5”, 6”
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- scissors, ruler, pencil, paper, sewing needle
- 1. Using templates, cut five circles of each size from felt. Cut edges irregularly, with slight wave. Sort circles into five stacks with circle of each size. (Note: Each stack will make one flower.)
- 2. Hand-sew running stitch on circle 1" from edge of 4" circle. See Photo 1. Pull stitches tight and secure. Stack 5" circle on 6" circle; hand-sew running stitch through both circles 2" in from larger circle edge. Pull stitches tight and secure.
- 3. Adhere 4" gathered circle to center of larger gathered circles. Adhere brad or pearl to flower center. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for remaining stacks.
- 4. Arrange flowers on paper sheet in curved shape, overlapping edges by 1/2" to 1". Draw around outer edge of flowers with pencil to create backing pattern. Set flowers aside. Draw shape 1" in from outline; cut out. See Photo 2. Using cutout as pattern, cut backing piece from felt.
- 5. Arrange flowers on backing piece. Trim backing edges as necessary. Adhere flowers to backing, beginning with center flower. See Photo 3.
- 6. Cut ribbon into two 18" lengths. Adhere ribbon to each side of backing piece. Tie ends together to wear.