Beading / Jewelry
Black & White Necklace and Earrings
size: necklace, 16" long; earrings, 1-1/2"
- Elements Black Leather Cord, 26” length (The Beadery)
- Beads: Elements Jet Black hammered oval flat, three (The Beadery); pearl round, 4mm, 10; silver small spacers, two
- Silver toggle clasp
- Silver head pins, 2”, three
- Sterling silver pierced earring wires, two
- 1. Place pearl bead, hammered flat bead, and pearl bead onto head pin. Use round-nose pliers to bend top of head pin over until end touches top of last bead, forming a loop.
- 2. Insert cord through wire loop at top of head pin. On both sides of loop, place a silver spacer bead, pearl bead, hammered flat bead, and pearl bead on cord. With beads centered on cord, tie a knot in cord at both ends of beads.
- 3. For closure, fold one end of cord over 8" from center of beads and make knot in cord, forming loop. Insert remaining cord end through eyelet on toggle clasp and knot in cord under clasp, 8" from center of beads.
- 1. For each earring, place pearl bead, hammered flat bead, and pearl bead on silver head pin. Use round-nose pliers to bend top of head pin over slightly. Insert top of head pin through eyelet on earring wire. Continue bending top of head pin until end touches top of last bead, forming loop.