Beading / Jewelry
Batik Fabric & Pearl Bead Jewelry Set
sizes: necklace, 40" long; earrings, 1-1/4"
- Round pearl beads, 6mm
- Assorted color Batik fabric strips (1”x10”)
- Silver wire, 20-gauge
- Earring wires, two
- Wooden dowel, 1/8”
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. For fabric bead, refer to Fig. 1 to trim fabric strip. Wrap fabric strip tightly around 1/8" dowel, beginning at wide end. Glue narrow end of strip to wrapped fabric to secure. Rub raw edges of wrapped fabric to fray edges. Twist dowel and slide out from bead.
- 2. To finish first bead, cut 2-1/4" wire length. Use pliers to bend one end into tiny loop. Place pearl bead, fabric bead, then another pearl bead on wire. Bend remaining wire end over into a loop until end touches top of last bead. Make second bead in same way, bending wire end on top of pearl bead over slightly, then insert wire through loop on first bead before closing loop. Make and attach as many beads as desired. For last bead, insert wire through both ends of necklace before forming loops.
- 1. For each earring, make two beads in same way as necklace, bending wire end on top of pearl bead over slightly, then inserting wire through loop at bottom of earring wire before closing loop.