Beading / Jewelry
Baker’s Christmas Earrings
- Silver bracelet memory wire
- Tree-shaped cookie charms, two
- Silver findings, two each: jump rings, 4mm, 6mm; ear wires
- Red organza ribbon
- Wire cutters
- Jewelry pliers: round-nose, needle-nose
- scissors, clear nail polish, ruler
- 1. Cut 24" wire length. Loosely wrap wire around two fingers five or six times, making sure tail ends meet.
- 2. Pinch wire ends together, leaving enough room to attach one 6mm jump ring. Attach jump ring before closing gap.
- 3. Cut 8" wire length. Coil wire around pinched section seven times; trim excess wire.
- 4. Attach earring wire to 6mm jump ring at end of wire loops using 4mm jump ring. Cut 4" ribbon length. Thread through 6mm jump ring; tie knot. Trim ribbon ends at angle and apply nail polish to ends to prevent fraying.
- 5. Curve wires into whisk shape using pliers and fingers.
- 6. Repeat Steps 1-5 for second earring.
- 1. Attach ear wire to cookie charm loop.
- 2. Repeat for second earring.