Beading / Jewelry
Charming Key Necklace
Create this precious charm and key necklace for the new mom. Gift baby charms to her every year her child celebrates a birthday.
Charming Key Necklace
- Pewter charms: wing, Victorian key, oval key, silver-plated clock, love heart; Raphael’s thinking angel charm, 19mm
- Gunmetal-plated small oval link chain: 11-3/8” lengths, two; 3-7/8” length
- Gunmetal chain: fine cable, 1”; ball chain with connector, 3-1/2”
- Black rhinestone chain with connector, 2-1/4”
- Gunmetal-plated pewter findings: antiquity clasp, 66x21.5mm; S-cut ring, 32mm; filigree basket bead cap, 7mm; eye pin, 1-1/2”; headpin, 1-1/2”; open jump rings, 6mm, 19; S-hook clasp with figure-eight connector, 7x16mm
- Swarovski Crystal Moonlight Bicones, 4mm, two
- Faceted crystal drop, 10x8mm
- Black glass bicone, 6mm
- Pliers: chain-nose, two pairs; round-nose
- Wire cutters
- 1. Size is 24" with 7-1/2" focal.
- 1. Connect 11-3/8" chain and S-hook clasp with jump ring. Connect other end of chain and loop on antiquity clasp hook with jump ring.
- 2. Repeat Step 1 with other long piece of chain and figure-eight connector.
- 3. Slide S-cut ring into hook of antiquity clasp. With chain-nose pliers, carefully close hook around ring.
- 4. Connect three jump rings in row to angel charm; connect to large ring.
- 5. Slide rhinestone chain connector onto end of rhinestone chain. Press prongs of connector down with chain-nose pliers. Slide jump ring into loop of connector; connect to large ring.
- 6. Connect 3-7/8" chain length to large ring with jump ring. On other end of chain, connect small loop on eye half of antiquity clasp with jump ring. Slide jump ring through loop on Victorian key charm; slide through large loop on antiquity clasp. Close ring. Slide jump ring through oval key and close ring. Slide another jump ring through last and slide through loop on antiquity clasp. Close ring. Slide crystal drop and basket bead cap on headpin; make simple loop. Open jump ring and slide on loop. Slide on jump ring above antiquity clasp; close.
- 7. Slide end of ball chain piece through bail on clock charm; close ball chain connector. Slide jump ring on chain. Close jump ring. Open another jump ring and slide on last jump ring; slide onto large ring and close jump ring.
- 8. Slide 4mm bicone, black bicone, and 4mm bicone on eye pin. Make simple loop. Open jump ring; slide on loop of link and slide onto large ring. Close jump ring. Open jump ring and slide through other loop of link, slide on wing charm and close jump ring.
- 9. Position 1" fine cable chain length around hook on antiquity clasp. Slide jump ring through ends of chain; close ring. Slide jump ring through loop on love heart charm; attach jump ring through previous jump ring and close ring.
- 1. Visit your local flea market for a variety of skeleton keys and one-of-a-kind charms.