Beadalon Medium Collapsible-Eye Beading Needle, 2-1/2”
Small wire cutters and bent-nose pliers
Beacon Adhesives Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive
1. Thread needle with 25" thread length. (Note: Use Fig. 1 as bead stringing guide.) String two seed beads, one bicone, five seed beads, and one bicone. Go back through all beads again with needle and thread, then pass through two more seed beads, one bicone, and five seed beads. Bring thread down through previous bicone, through two seed beads, and bicone just strung and then out through top. Repeat pattern until 10 bicones are strung. Pull thread tight so circle is formed with center beads; tie knot. Spot glue and trim ends close to knot.
2. Bring thread through center row of seed beads to make circle round; tie knot. Spot glue and trim ends.
3. Insert needle through one seed bead in center of piece; tie knot. String 8mm pearl onto thread, then string through seed bead opposite of first seed bead; tie knot. Spot glue and trim.
4. Insert needle through outer middle seed bead in between two bicones. Add silver bugle bead, seed bead, and another silver bugle bead. Pass through middle seed bead between next two bicones, adding seed and bugle beads; repeat around circle. Tie off. Spot glue and trim close to knot.
5. Wire piece to perforated pin back through outer holes and between two bugle beads around all edges. Twist wire to secure inside of perforated disc; trim ends.
6. String seed and bugle beads as in Step 4 only through center of one bicone bead to next. Tie off, spot glue, and trim.
7. Wire down any parts of pin center that stick up; twist to secure on back of perforated disc.
8. Attach top and bottom of pin back by securing prongs using bent-nose pliers.
1. If pearls aren't the mothers' style, use crystals or other glass beads for truly personalized pieces.