Pattern - Lace Cane Figure Art Worksheet
- 1. View all figure art on Lace Cane Figure Art Worksheet. A full-size version of this worksheet can be printed from the Pattern link listed below.
Lace Cane Beaded Earrings Worksheet
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to condition clay. For base bead, roll two 1/2" colored clay balls and shape into soft cubes (Fig.1).
- 2. Roll 1/2 bar Translucent into 3/4"-wide, 3" long cylinder. Use thickest pasta machine setting to roll 1/2 bar White into 2"x3" sheet. Trim 3" end. Wrap sheet around cylinder and trim, butting White ends together (Fig.2). Gently roll cylinder with both hands, pressing lightly and "reducing" cane in diameter as it lengthens. Slowly roll, keeping cane evenly reduced along its length. When cane measures 12", trim off ends (Fig.3), then cut into thirds (Fig.4). Stack three canes together (Fig.5) and compress into one round cane from middle toward ends, squeezing out air pockets (Fig.6). Roll into 12" length and trim off ends; cut into thirds and compress together three more times (Fig.7). Press cane end into soft square shape to same size as base beads (Fig.8).
- 3. Cut tissue-thin slices from lace cane end and layer them on each side of cube-shaped base bead (Fig.9). Stretch ends of lace cane slices toward each edge of cube until they meet. When entire base bead is covered, carefully trim off thick sections; base bead should be evenly covered with lace cane slices, letting some base bead color show through. Roll beads into round shape (Fig.10).
- 4. Cut wire in half. Use pliers to bend zigzag in one end of each (Fig.11). Press zigzag end into bead, slightly pinching to embed wire (Fig.12).
- 5. Fold index card into zigzag shape; place on baking tray. Place round beads in valleys of card to prevent flat spots. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay beads. Remove from oven and immediately plunge beads into cold water to increase translucency.
- 6. Pull on wire to ensure it is firmly embedded in bead; if not, apply drop of cyanoacrylate glue to wire and insert into bead hole. Thread silver bead onto wire. Bend wire at 90° angle to bead hole, and use round-nose pliers to make loop. Trim excess wire and add earring finding (Fig.13).
- 1. Use mini cookie cutter to cut shapes from clay sheet for same-sized base beads.
- 2. Use brighter or darker colors for base bead since Transluscent overlay softens color underneath.