Beading / Jewelry
Evening Elegance Necklace
Simple and stylish, this necklace features an ornate filigree pendant combined with black nylon mesh tubing and faceted crystals to create an air of evening elegance.
- Bead FX Black Nylon Mesh Tube, 9mm, 23” length
- Clear faceted round AB crystal beads, 8mm, 16
- Silver large-hole filigree beads, 8mm, seven
- Silver triple-plated circle trinket
- Silver findings: cord ends, two; jump rings, 6mm, three; ball and hitch clasp
- Chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers
- 1. Size is 20".
- 1. The nylon tube might fray as you thread on components. Use scissors to trim away frayed ends for greater ease in working with mesh.
- 1. Position one end of tubular mesh inside silver cord end. Use flat-nose pliers to carefully close two flaps over mesh to encase it. Squeeze ends of mesh tube and thread on large-hole silver bead. Slide bead along outside of tube until it is 2" from cord end.
- 2. Place three crystals inside mesh and slide them along tube until they reach silver bead. (Note: To enlarge hole so that beads will fit through tube easily, compress tube onto itself by taking short section in each hands and pushing hands towards each other. The crystals will then slide along easily.) Continue compressing tube in sections until crystals reach large-hole bead. Slide on another large-hole bead on outside of tube to keep crystals in place.
- 3. Add another large-hole silver bead to outside of tube and slide it along, leaving gap of about 3" from previous silver bead. Add five crystals to inside mesh and work them along tube, compressing as you go, until crystals reach silver bead. Slide on another silver bead on outside of tube (for center of necklace).
- 4. Complete other half of necklace to match.
- 5. Trim away excess mesh tube. Position tube end inside remaining silver cord end. Carefully close two flaps over mesh to encase it. (Note: Make any adjustments to crystals and silver beads by gently sliding them along mesh.)
- 6. Open jump ring and hook it through filigree of center silver bead; connect circle trinket and close.
- 7. Finish necklace by connecting each end of ball and hitch clasp to cord ends with jump ring.
- 1. Designer purchased Jacobean Circle Trinket focal piece by ordering through Crystal Park Beads & Findings. To order this focal piece, visit their web site at www.crystalpark.com.au or use a found silver piece from your local bead store.