Beading / Jewelry
Beaded Napkin Rings
size: 2" diameter
Beaded Napkin Rings
- Recycled cardboard tube
- Cousin*: Jewelry Basics Orange/Gold Rondelles (34716029), 3 pkgs.; Jewelry Basics Bronze Bicones (34713130), 4mm, 1 pkg.; Card Basics Transparent Monofilament (32026), 30 lb.; Jewelry Basics Natural Hemp (34737021)
- Needle-nose pliers*
- Wire cutters*
- Craft glue or glue gun with sticks
- *Beads and tools available through Prima Bead
- ruler or measuring tape, tape
- 1. Cut four equal rings from tube, approximately 1"-1-1/4" long.
- 2. Cut 12' hemp length. Tape one end to inside of cardboard ring. Wrap hemp around wall and through center of cardboard ring until ring is covered as shown, keeping strands tight enough to hide cardboard. Trim off excess, leaving small tail. Tuck tail into existing hemp strands on inside of ring; adhere.
- 3. Cut 7' filament length; tie end around ring wall. Keep knot on inside of ring. Thread one orange rondelle, one bicone, one gold rondelle, one bicone, and one orange rondelle onto filament. Wrap filament around wall and through center of ring at an angle.
- 4. Thread one gold rondelle, one bicone, one orange rondelle, one bicone, and one gold rondelle onto filament. Wrap filament around wall and through center of ring at an angle, approximately 1/2" from first filament.
- 5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for one rotation of ring.
- 6. Thread one bicone onto filament, wrap around ring between first and second 5-bead element. Continue until one bicone element is between each multi-bead element. Knot filament inside ring; trim excess.
- 7. Cut 5-1/2' hemp length. Adhere one end inside ring, tucking behind existing hemp strands. Wrap hemp around wall and through center of ring at an angle, between each bead element for one rotation of ring. Trim off excess, leaving small tail. Tuck tail into existing hemp strands on inside of ring; adhere.
- 8. Repeat Steps 2 through 7 to create four napkin rings.