size: small (medium, large); cuff to cuff, 59 (61, 62)"
- Charming yarn: Blue Green (0007), six (six, seven) balls (Caron)
- Knitting needles, size 10 (or size needed toobtain gauge)
- Split-ring stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Optional: Row counter
BO: bind off
RS: right side
St st: stockinette stitch
WS: wrong side
- 1. In Stockinette stitch, 13 sts and 20 rows = 4"/10cm
- 1. Shrug is worked cuff to cuff.
- 1. Cast on 34 (36, 38) sts.
- 2. Begin St st; work even until piece measures 10" from the beginning: end with a WS row.
- Shape Sleeve - 1st
- 1. (RS) Beginning this row, include 1 st each side every 8 rows 6 (4, 4) times, every 6 rows 0 (3, 3) times, end with a WS row 46 (50, 52) sts; place a marker each side of next row.
- 1. Continuing in St st, work even until piece measures 23 (24, 25)" from marker, end with a WS row; place a marker each side of next row.
- Shape Sleeve - 2nd
- 1. (RS) Beginning this row, decrease 1 st each side every 6 rows (0, 3, 3) times, every 8 rows 6 (4, 4) times, end with a WS row 34 (36, 38) sts remain.
- 2. Work even until sleeve measures same as first sleeve to cuff (10" from last decrease).
- 3. BO all sts loosely.
- 1. With right sides together, fold piece in half lengthwise. Sew sleeves from cuff edge up the side to markers at beginning of body. Use yarn needle to weave in ends.