Chic Crocheted Scarf
This chic scarf is quick, simple, stylish, and only requires one ball of yarn! For an easy way to enhance your wardrobe, grab your hook to crochet several more in other sassy colors.
- Bernat Hot Pink(ish) Sheep(ish) by Vickie Howell, 1 ball
- Crochet hook, US I-9
- Tapestry needle
sc: single crochet
tr: treble crochet
- 1. Scarf is 40"x4".
- 1. 18 sts x 6 rows = 4" in netted stitch pattern, slightly stretched.
- Scarf (make two)
- 1. Ch 22.
- 2. Row 1: Sc in 9th ch from hook, *ch 5, sk 3, sc in next st; rep from * to end. Turn. (Total of 4, netted "Os")
- 3. Row 2: *Ch 5, sc in the 5-ch sp; rep from * to end. Turn.
- 4. Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 17".
- Lacy Ruffle
- 1. Row 1: Ch 1, *5 sc in 5-ch sp, sc in sc; rep from * to end. Turn. (25 sts)
- 2. Row 2: Ch 4, tr in same st as ch, *ch 5, sk 5, 2 tr in next st; rep from * three more times.
- 3. Turn. (30 sts)
- 4. Row 3: Ch 4, tr in same st as ch, 2 tr in next st, *ch 5, sk 5, [2 tr] twice; rep from * three times more. (40 sts.)
- 1. Row 4: Repeat Row 1.
- 2. Tie off.
- 3. Repeat Rows 1-4 to create ruffle for second scarf end. Tie off.
- 1. Using tapestry needle and yarn, seam together both flat edges of scarf. Pinch center at seam just created so fabric is gathered; sew in place to create ruching.