sizes: 7-1/2" (with handles)
- Recycled cardboard paper towel tubes, three
- Wooden shapes: 3/8” circles, three; 1/2” squares, two; 1/2” teardrops, four
- Wooden dowel, 3/8” diameter, 1/2” length
- Yarn: orange, black, green
- Wiggle eyes: small, two; medium, six
- DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread: Black, White
- Silver glitter chenille stems, three
- Yellow/orange checked ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 12” lengths, three
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Citrene, Lamp Black, Tangelo Orange, Raw Umber
- Aleene’s Adhesives: Original Tacky Glue, Fabric Fusion
- paintbrushes, hole punch, clothespins, scissors, ruler, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Measure and cut paper towel tube to 4" for each favor; pinch bottom of tube closed. Spot glue inside bottom flaps with tacky glue to hold closed; secure with clothespins while drying.
- 2. On covered work surface, remove clothespins and paint tubes and wooden shapes as follows: pumpkin tube Tangelo Orange, circle and dowel length (stem) Raw Umber, two teardrop shapes Citrene Green; Frankenstein tube Citrene Green, two squares and one circle Lamp Black; cat tube and two teardrop shapes Lamp Black, one circle Citrene. Paint inside and outside of tubes. Let dry.
- 3. Apply fabric glue on one end of yarn skein; wrap yarn around tubes as follows: pumpkin orange; Frankenstein bottom half green and top half black; cat black. Adhere yarn ends. Let dry.
- 4. For pumpkin, use fabric glue to adhere two medium eyes, circle nose, and stem and leaves on tube. For Frankenstein, adhere squares (neck bolts), two medium eyes, small circle (spider), and small wiggle eyes (spider eyes) on tube. For cat, adhere two medium wiggle eyes, one small circle (nose), and two teardrops (ears). Let dry.
- 5. Cut from thread: six 4" White lengths (cat whiskers); eight 2-1/2" Black lengths (spider legs); 1" Black length (Frankenstein nose). Adhere lengths onto tubes using small amount of fabric glue.
- 6. For handle, punch hole on each side on top edge of tubes, moving yarn slightly for greater ease in making holes. Insert glitter stem ends through holes; bend and twist ends into curls on inside.
- 7. Wrap ribbon around tubes and use fabric glue to secure. Tie ribbon into bows. Fill favors with wrapped treats or candy corn.
- 1. When painting wooden shapes, apply double-sided tape onto backs and press onto newspaper. Securing the shapes to your work surface will help when painting thin edges and small areas.