Oversized Retro Pullover
size: small/medium (large/xlarge); fits bust 36-38 (44-46); knitted measurements: bust, 52 (56)"; length, 28" (29)"
Oversized Retro Pullover
- Country yarn (75% Microdenier acrylic/25% merino wool; 3 oz/85g, 185 yds./170m): Sunset, 36 (49) oz/1021 (1361) g. (NaturallyCaron.com)
- One pair US size 8 (5mm) needles
- Circular needle, US size 8 (5mm), 16” long (for collar)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch holders
k : knit
p : purl
rem : remaining
RS : right side
St st : stockinette stitch
st(s) : stitch(es)
WS : wrong side
- 1. In pattern stitch, 18 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm.
- Stitches Used
- 1. Reverse Stockinette Stitch
- 4x4 Ribbing
- 1. Row 1: *K4, p4; rep from * across.
- 2. Row 2 and subsequent rows: Knit the knit sts, purl the purl sts as they face you.
- 1. Cast on 118 (126) sts.
- 2. Row 1 (RS): K1 (edge st), *k4, p4; rep from * across to last 5 sts, k4, k1 (edge st).
- 3. Row 2 (WS): K1 (edge st), *p4, k4; rep from * across to last 5 sts, p4, k1 (edge st).
- 4. Rep last 2 rows for 4x4 ribbing for 4".
- 5. Change to Reverse St st and work until piece measures 18" from beg, ending with a WS row.
- Shape Armholes
- 1. Bind off 5 st at beg of next 2 rows - 108 (116) sts. Work until armholes measure 10 (11)", ending with a WS row.
- Shape Shoulders
- 1. Bind off 30 (32) sts at beg of next 2 rows. Place rem 48 (52) sts on a holder for Back neck.
- 1. Work same as Back until armholes measure 8-1/2" (9-1/2)", ending with a WS row.
- Shape Neck
- 1. Next row (RS): Work 36 (38) sts, place next 36 (40) sts on a holder, join 2nd skein of yarn, work last 36 (38) sts. Working both sides at once, bind off 2 sts at each neck edge every other row 3 times. Work until armholes measure same as Back. Bind off rem 30 (32) sts each shoulder.
- 1. Cast on 90 sts. Work in 4x4 ribbing, keeping first st and last st in k for edge sts, for 8". Change to Reverse St st, inc 1 st each edge every other row 4 (6) times; 98 (102) sts. Work until piece measures 25" from beg (4" fold up for cuff), ending with a WS row. Bind off.
- 1. Cast on 90 sts. Work in Reverse St st for 1-1/2", ending with a WS row.
- 2. Row 1 (RS): K1 (edge st), k2tog, p to last 3 sts, skp, k1 (edge st).
- 3. Rows 2, 4 and 6 (WS): K1 (edge st), k to last st, k1 (edge st).
- 4. Rows 3 and 5: K1 (edge st), p to last st, k1 (edge st).
- 5. Rep last 6 rows 5 times more - 78 sts.
- 6. Work even until piece measures 8" from beg. Bind off.
- Side Edging
- 1. With RS facing, pick up and k34 sts evenly along one side edge of pocket. Work in 4x4 ribbing for 3-1/2" keeping first st and last st in k for edge sts. Fold over and sew to pick up sts on WS. Work same ribbing along other side edge of pocket.
- 2. Sew pocket just above ribbing on front.
- 1. Sew in sleeves; sew side and sleeve seams. Fold up sleeve ribbing 4" for cuff.
- 2. Using yarn needle, weave in all ends.
- 1. With RS facing and circular needle, beg at Back neck, pick up 108 (116) sts evenly around neck edge including sts on Front and Back neck holders. Join and work around in 4x4 ribbing for 8". Bind off loosely in ribbing.