1. Note: When working with beading stitches, use silamide doubled. Use grey silamide for yellow beads and lilac silamide for blue violet beads. Work silk ribbon with chenille needle, beads with beading needle and all other stitches with embroidery needles.
2. Print out full-size patterns. Trace pattern including the box around pattern onto tissue paper with pencil.
3. Cut one 13"x13" and one 8-1/2"x8-1/2" piece from Faith, Hope & Love fabric using rotary cutter and mat. Set aside smaller piece for back of pillow. Cut one 8"x16" and three 6"x6" pieces from batting and set aside for pillow insert.
4. Lay 13"x13" fabric right side up over white flannel. Smooth out fabrics and pin together 5" from edge using straight pins. Secure fabric with Q snap frame following manufacturer's directions, making sure fabrics are straight and smooth. Secure traced pattern onto center of frame using straight pins. Baste around pattern and box lines using light teal sewing thread. Place basting knot on front side for easy removal.
5. Use split stitch with three strands of 3815 Celadon Green-DK to work longer stems on lilac.
6. Use stem stitch with three strands of 3817 Celadon Green-LT to work stems between lilac flowers. Use French knot and three strands of 3816 Celadon Green to work sepal at stem tip indicated by open circles in the Yellow Button diagram.
7. Use silk ribbon to tie a bow. Lay bow on fabric and twist ribbon randomly for added interest. Hold ribbon in place using straight pins. Use silamide with three yellow beads to sew ribbon in place. Thread three beads going across the ribbon at an angle and pull beads snug. Repeat process around the bow. Make small straight stitch where ribbon crosses in center with silamide.
8. When Steps 4-6 are completed, remove basting threads and gently tear tissue paper away from stitched areas. Use tweezers to remove paper under stitches.
9. Refer to Lilac bead diagram to attach clusters of three lilac flowers using single bead stitch, silamide and blue violet beads. Alternate lilac clusters on left and right side of stem.
10. Refer to Yellow Button diagram to attach yellow button flowers using single bead stitch, silamide and yellow beads.
11. Slide 9" piece of silk ribbon underneath bottom bow center using needle and come up from behind on upper side of bow. Tie two ends of silk ribbon into loose knot over center bow. Trim ribbon as needed.
12. Remove Q snap frame. Cut beaded fabric into an 8-1/2" square with bouquet centered. Place beaded fabric square and back piece right sides together. Pin pillow pieces together and use sewing machine and light grey sewing thread to join pieces together. Leave 6" opening on bottom edge of pillow to insert pillow form.
13. To make pillow form, use batting pieces cut from Step 2. Layer three 6" pieces of batting and sandwich between folded 16"x8" piece. Whip stitch along three edges using double strand of white sewing thread. Slide batting pillow form inside pillowcase. Slip stitch bottom edge of pillow closed using grey sewing thread.
1. Work stitches through tissue paper, fabric and flannel. Check backside to be sure stitches are going through all layers. Refer to photograph for placement of stitches and beads.