Pattern - Embroidered Purse and Coin Wallet
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Transfer template onto right side of solid fabric.
- 2. Mount solid fabric with traced template into small hoop. Embroider motif with embroidery floss using chain stitch on outline and satin stitch on center of design.
- 3. Cut embroidered panel from solid fabric to measure 4-3/4"x3-1/2". Cut 4-3/4"x3-1/2" panel from patterned fabric. Position panels with wrong sides up on pressing surface and place fusible webbing on top. Iron well to bond fabrics together. Cut away excess webbing.
- 4. Install zipper along top edges of two panels, so patterned and embroidered panels are oriented in same direction.
- 5. Unzip zipper. Machine-sew remaining three sides of wallet with wrong sides together using 1/4" seam. Reinforce by machine-sewing on both ends.
- 6. Tack ends of zipper tape to side seams by hand. Clip corners and invert project through zipper opening.
- 1. Wash, dry, and iron your quilting cotton and solid fabric before beginning.