Pattern - Floss Flower Pillow
- 1. Cut 65 lt. blue and 52 ivory 3" floss lengths. Tie one strand to washer (Fig. 1). Tie 12 more strands of same color around washer to complete flower. Repeat with remaining washers, for five blue and four ivory flowers. Trim floss ends 1/4" from knots.
- 2. Hold flower in one hand, protecting knots with your fingertips and exposing floss ends. Use Chenille Brush to fluff ends. Repeat with remaining flowers. Glue mirror to back of each blue flower; let dry.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Use chalk to transfer pattern to brown fabric. Place fabric in embroidery hoop. Using embroidery needle and ivory floss, backstitch flower stems. Cut 12" ivory floss length. Use embroidery needle to thread free ends through each side of stitched stems. Tie bow and trim ends. Remove fabric from hoop.
- 4. Glue flowers to brown fabric where indicated by dots on pattern. Place small amount of glue to centers of ivory flowers and fill with beads; let dry.
- 5. With right sides facing and using 1/4" seam allowance, stitch brown and duck cloth rectangles together, leaving 6-1/2" opening at bottom for turning. Trim corners at angle; turn right side out.
- 6. Insert pillow form into cover. Fold in seam allowance and hand sew opening closed.