Pattern - Cross-stitch Nativity
- 1. To find center of cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Use two strands floss or one strand very fine braid to cross-stitch design, working over two threads in colors listed on keycode. Use one strand Black floss to backstitch design.
- 3. Apply fusible batting to wrong side of stitching and backing fabric. Trim stitching and backing to 5"x5".
- 4. Sew ornament front to backing fabric, leaving an opening at bottom for turning and stuffing. Clip corners. Turn right side out through opening. Stuff; sew opening closed.
- 5. Make 4" loop at center of Torsade braid. Tack to top center of ornament at seam. Continue tacking braid around ornament to bottom center. Overlap ends, tacking together. Knot ends 2" below ornament. Trim 1" from knot.