Cross-Stitch Art Deco Designs
size of stitched areas: motif one, 3"x3-3/4"; motif two, 2-5/8"x4" stitch counts: motif one, 42 w x 53 h; motif two, 38 w x 57 h
- Wichelt Imports 28-count Ivory Hand Dyed Jobelan (429-44)
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Kreinik Fine #8 Braid: Rose Quartz (3237), Amber (3270)
- Mill Hill Seed-Antique Beads: Antique Cranberry (03003), Wild Blueberry (03026)
- scissors, embroidery and beading needles, q-snap (optional)
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch: 1 or 2 strands
Pattern - Chart 1
Pattern - Chart 2
- 1. Motif One is cranberry/green; Motif Two is gold/purple.
- Art Deco
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two threads using two strands of floss.
- 2. Backstitch design with colors and numbers of floss strands as indicated on each key. (Note: Kreinik braid is used to backstitch vertical lines beneath beads in both designs.) Knot and clip thread ends.
- 3. Attach beads using one strand of floss with DMC 152 Shell Pink-MD LT for Motif One and DMC 676 Old Gold-LT for Motif Two.
- 4. Mat and frame as desired.