Cross-Stitch Acorn & Bee Pins
size of stitched areas: 1-1/4"x1-1/4"; size of finished designs: 1-3/4"x1-3/4"; stitch counts: acorn, 21 w x 22 h; beehive, 20 w x 19 h
- DMC Charles Craft Gold Standard 18-count Antique White Aida, 3”x3”, two
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Kailea Silver Pin Setting Frame Mounting (106ST), two
- Needle-nose pliers
- Iron and pressing surface
- Therm O Web Heat-n-Bond Fusible Interfacing, 3”x3”, two
- scissors, embroidery needle, fabric pencil
Pattern - Acron
Pattern - Bee
- 1. Cross-stitch acorn design centered on fabric using two strands of floss.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse one piece of interfacing to back of acorn.
- 3. Center pin setting over acorn design; trace around outer edge with fabric pencil. Cut carefully along pencil line.
- 4. Position acorn design right side out in frame; press pin setting's insert in place to secure. Position pin back over insert; bend prongs over backing using pliers.
- 5. Repeat Steps 1-4 for beehive. Straight stitch bee design using one strand DMC 310 Black.