Pattern - Santa Pocket Ornament
- 1. Fold Aida cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Using two strands of floss, Satin Floss or Light Effects, and one strand braid, cross stitch design centered on one piece of evenweave.
- 3. Backstitch design with one strand 310.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply iron-on interfacing to wrong side of stitching; trim to 6"x6".
- 5. With right sides together, sew front to 6"x6" fabric along sides and bottom edges to form pocket. Turn right side out. Press raw top edge under 1/4".
- 6. Tack ends of braid over seams at top edge.
- 7. Fold lining in half, right sides together. Sew along side edges. Press raw edge under 1/4".
- 8. Insert lining into pocket, wrong sides together. Tack lining to pocket around top edge.