Pattern - Country Needle Punch Ornaments
- 1. Use box lid openings to trace one rectangle and two squares on weaver's cloth. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer patterns to areas inside traced squares and rectangles. Cut out patterns, leaving approximately 5" on all sides. Slip pattern in embroidery hoop.
- 2. For snowman, follow manufacturer's instructions to thread needle punch tool with #938. Punch area for arms. Outline arms with one row of #3348. Fill in snow bank and snowman with #738. Fill in background area with #930. Remove pattern from hoop and trim sides leaving approximately 1/4" on all sides. Use scissors to sculpt front of pattern, cutting excess threads from design.
- 3. For tree, use #3348 for tree, #938 for trunk, #738 for snow bank and #930 for background.
- 4. For star, use #938 for inner star, #930 for next star outline, #738 for outer star and #938 for outline. Fill in background with #3348.
- 5. Glue two buttons for snowman eyes, two red buttons to front of snowman for buttons, three red buttons for tree ornaments, white buttons for tree topper and remaining red buttons to center of star.
- 6. Separate box bottoms and lids. Paint square and rectangle box Dark Chocolate, remaining box Antique White. When dry, rub candle wax over surface randomly. Paint Antique White box Admiral Blue, remaining square box Lemonade, rectangle box Antique White. When dry, sand surface to reveal distressed finish. (Note: Areas where wax was applied will rub off.)
- 7. Punch hole at bottom inside and top inside of each box. Cut 3" length from hemp and thread through large rusty bell. Tie bell to hole with hemp at bottom of box. Cut 6" length from hemp and thread through top hole in box and through small jingle bell for hanger. Tear 1/2"x4" strips from fabric. Tie strip around hanger at top. Place lid on box.