Pattern - Was It Worth It?
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Approximate Finished Size: 10-5/8"x5-3/4"; Stitch Count: 150 w x 82 h
- Wall Hanging
- 1. Print out cross-stitch chart and key. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. Trim stitched fabric 1-1/2" from stitching.
- 2. Cut two strips of green fabric 8-3/4"x2-1/2". Sew one strip to each side of stitched fabric using 1/4" seam allowance. Cut two strips 17-1/4"x2-1/2". Sew one strip to top and bottom of stitched fabric. Press seams toward green fabric.
- 3. Cut batting 17"x12-1/4". Cut green backing fabric same dimensions as sewn top. Cut four 6" lengths of green ribbon and fold in half. Layer batting on back of top (cross-stitched) fabric. Pin ribbon to right-side of top fabric with fold toward center and backing fabric with right-side facing top fabric. Sew around all edges, leaving a 3" opening at bottom. Clip corners and turn right-side out; press. Hang from dowel.
- 1. This design would be very easy to convert to any favorite over-dyed fabric and easy to select a complementary color that stands out well against fabric. Remember to make backstitching 2 shades darker than letters.