- 11”x11” Queen Anne’s Lace Hand-dyed Jobelan (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- 6-strand Hand Overdyed Embroidery Floss (Weeks Dye Works)
- Buttons: Small Sun Button (#3425.s), Sally’s Sunshine (#2218), Small Red Half Watermelon (2201.s) (Just Another Button Company)
- Frame: Stephen’s Frame Shop
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Petite Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Backstitch/Straight Stitch: 1 strand
French Knot: 1 strand
Back-Stitched Chain: 2 strands
Lazy Daisy: 2 strands
Pattern - State Fair Days
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- French Knots
- 1. Rooster's eye: #2240 Red Rocks floss, Apples: #1333 Lancaster Red.
- Flower centers
- 1. #2201 Moss.
- 1. Pumpkin with #2240 Red Rocks; apple basket and pumpkin stem with #2237 Hazelnut; tops of apples in basket with #1333 Lancaster Red; watermelon and flower stems in vase with #2201 Moss; cake with #4125 Snowflake, #2271 Peony and #1268 Molasses; rooster, Ferris wheel, State Fair sign border, flagpole, pickles label and two large blue ribbons at bottom with #1304 Onyx; yellow and blue checkered table runners with #1307, Americana; tables, pie, vase and tomatoes with #1270 Rum Raisin. All other backstitch, use #1303 Charcoal.
- 2. Over center of Ferris wheel, sew a Small Sun Button #3425.s with #2218 Sally's Sunshine. At bottom right of watermelon, stitch a Small Red Half Watermelon #2201.s.