- 28-count White Monaco (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 1-6” square of lightweight cardboard
- 6”x12” pieces 1/4” polyester batting, 2
- 8” squares pieces fabric, 2
- 24” piece small 1/8” piping, 1
- 18” piece ribbon, approx. 1”-wide, 1
- Matching all-purpose thread
Cross-stitch: 2 strands
Petite Cross-stitch: 2 strands
French Knot: 1 strand wrapped two times
Backstitch: 1 strand
Pattern - Murphy Lives Here Door Hanger
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric.
- 2. Mark a square on wrong side of one fabric pieces large enough to frame stitched piece. Carefully cut out square opening and clip fabric corners so raw edges can be turned back. Baste piping to opening; with both right sides up, stitch to finished stitched piece. With right sides together, stitch fabric pieces on sides and top slightly larger than cardboard to allow for batting. Wrap batting pieces around sides top and bottom of cardboard.
- 3. Fasten each piece with double-sided stitchery tape for ease of handling. Slip batting wrapped cardboard into bottom opening. Turn raw edge in at bottom and slip stitch the opening to close. Make a small circle at one end of ribbon and form a 1-1/4" flat circle; hand stitch to 1/2" from corner on back. Repeat for other corner.