- 16”x22” Cornflower 14-count Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- #4 Braid (Kreinik Mfg. Co.)
- Mill Hill Glass Seed Bead (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
Cross-stitch: 2 strands or as indicated in key
Backstitch: 1 strand
French Knot: As indicated in key
Pattern - Christmas Stocking
Pattern - Letters
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric. DO NOT STITCH RED OUTLINE OF STOCKING.
- 2. After stitching is completed, place fusible fleece on wrong side of stocking, covering all red lines; press.
- 3. Cut stocking shape 1/2" beyond red lines and 1" beyond top edge. Fold top edge in several rows; press.
- 4. Cut two 18" x 11" pieces of backing/lining fabric with right sides together. Position fabric under stocking and cut to shape leaving an additional 4" fabric at top. Layer pieces as follows: fabric right side up, design right side up, fabric wrong side up.
- 5. Pin and stitch 1/2" seams, leaving top edge open and small gap at bottom for tucking in braid. Finish top raw edges by folding over 1/2" to wrong side; stitch. Turn stocking to wrong side creating a lining and backing.
- 6. Slipstitch lining to folded top edge of crossstitch, catching cording securely. Slipstitch cording along edge of stocking tucking ends in at bottom. Slipstitch seam closed.